- Can one have IC engines in cargo space?
- Does a tanker trailer with metal armor have to have 20 points of metal armor
in every location?
- Can a gas tank be put into cargo space?
- When firing at metal armor, when is debris created? When is an obstacle
- In ADQ 2/2, in response to John Nowak's letter, it says that all
hand weapons in C&C do full damage minus 1 to vehicles (for example, the AV
crossbow does 2d-1 to vehicles). Is this still correct?
- Shouldn't SMGs be area effect weapons? After all, that's how they are used
in the real world, and in the game world machine pistols are area effect.
- What about the rules for up- and downhill travel printed in ADQ 1/2? Are
they official? If so, you should reprint them, since that issue is no longer
- Jonas Karlsson
- SMB (and David Ladyman)
- No. Gas engines have radiators, drive trains and other stuff that wouldn't
work if the engine were in cargo space.
- No. Only 4 points of metal are required, but if any location uses metal
armor instead of plastic, all locations must use metal armor.
- Debris is created whenever one or two points of metal is lost or 10 points
of damage penetrate to the vehicles plastic armor or interior. An obstacle is
created whenever three or more points of metal are lost or 20 points of damage
penetrate the metal.
- Those rules are no longer in effect. All Chassis & Crossbow weapons are
considered normal hand weapons: most do no damage to vehicles, but the Pike and
AV crossbow do half damage to vehicular components; all do full damage to tires.
Note that metal armor can take damage from hand weapons.
- Yes, the SMG is area effect.
- Those rules are official (with minor modifications). Here they are:
Slopes affect both max speed and acceleration. In general, figure that each
degree of slope decreases (or increases) max speed by 1 mph. Thus, a 15°
uphill slope decreases max speed by 15 mph, while a 30° downhill slope
increases max speed by 30 (Whee!). If, due to the speed penalty for an uphill
slope (or due to losing the speed bonus from a downhill slope) a vehicle is
travelling above its max speed; use the speeding rules; if the vehicle is using
an IC engine, it must slow down by 5 mph per turn.
Slopes less than 15° don't affect acceleration at all; slopes between
15° and 30#&176; subtract (or add) 5 mph per turn; slopes between 30°
and 45° subtract (or add) 10 mph per turn, etc. This modifier is applied
before acceleration or deceleration; thus, travelling down a 35° slope, you
must brake by 10mph each turn just to maintain a constant speed.
- For 6-wheel or larger vehicles, and any vehicle with trailers, must
every tire have HD shocks? HD brakes? Antilock brakes?
- Are HD shocks available for oversized vehicles?
- Since a fire extinguisher takes a space, by the rules it can be component
armored. If this correct? Must CA around the power plant include the fire
- When firing a pair of linked weapons, will switching to firing without the
link reduce or eliminate the sustained fire bonus?
- Unknown Duellist
- Yes; yes; yes. If a vehicle with one of these systems is pulling a
trailer that is not so equipped, the bonuses are lost.
- Yes, as are HD brakes.
- No; no. An item with no DP cannot be component armored. Some items (for
example, nitrous oxide and superchargers) must be included with the plant when it
is component armored, but fire extinguishers and other systems do not.
- No, the bonus remains in full.
- Which of the following armor types may be made from metal: a) fifth wheel
guard, b) rotor armor, c) EWP armor, d) camper-shell armor, e) car top carrier
armor, f) wheel guards, g) wheel hubs?
- Does the 1/3-spaces-per-side limit apply to the mini van trailer?
-Another Unknown Duellist
- a)yes, b) no, c) yes, d) see below for details, e) yes, f) yes, g)
The camper shell is a device that many people misuse - not surprisingly, since
the description is vague. To clear up the mess, this is the way camper shells
will be from now on:
Camper body style - $1,400, 2,300 lbs; max. load 6,500, 17(+7) spaces, armor
$30/14 lbs. per point. An extra-heavy chassis for a camper would cost $1,400,
while heavy suspension would cost $2,100.
- If a vehicle pulling two trailers goes out of control, which trailer is
- If four EWPs are put on an oversized vehicle, may all four fire in one
direction or must the front pair fire forward while the back pair fires backward?
- Could a vehicle with a solar panel recharge other vehicles?
- Can an oil gun be loaded with a mixture of oil and paint rounds, similar to a
- Roll for each trailer separately on Crash Table 3. Results for the
first trailer that also mention the tractor affect the tractor normally; results
for the second trailer affect that trailer only.
- All four may fire in one direction.
- Yes, but both must be stationary. Only one vehicle at a time may be charged.
- If a car rolls onto mines on its top or side, will it have a higher
chance of detonating the mines due to the surface area? And do the tires still
- When a car sets off mines, which damage counts as a hazard (underbody and/or
- If a tire is blown out, can the wheel be destroyed later?
- Can a radar- or wire-guided missile turn around for a second chance?
- How many DP does a radar- or wire- guided missile have in the air? Can hand
weapons affect it?
- If a helicopter hits the ground, do the skids take damage first?
- If a tire is attacked by a fire-inducing weapon, do you roll normally for the
tire to catch fire, and should it be treated as a napalm tire fire?
- What is the modifier for throwing a grenade in the bed of a pickup, and what
armor would it affect?
- Can a camper use a 3-space turret?
-Roscoe Wilberforce III
- The mines are automatically detonated, and the tires will still take
damage unless the car is on its roof. Guards and hubs will protect against this
damage if the vehicle is on its side.
- Add up all damage taken and apply as one hazard.
- Radar, no; wire, yes. Missiles may not perform any maneuver of greater than
D3, so it would be difficult to come around for a second pass.
- In the air, a missile has 1 DP. Only weapons that do damage to vehicular
components will affect a missile.
- Yes, and yes. Tires may be made fireproof, at double cost. Tire fires will
spread to the vehicle's interior (using the napalm mine rules) regardless of
whether the vehicle's armor is fireproof.
- Targeting modifiers is -3, and back armor is affected.
- Can the Stinger or Bazooka use armor-piercing rounds or a laser targeting
- Does maneuver foil armor take up space?
- Can a 10-wheeler use the Windjammer?
- Will component armor protect against the damage caused by a limpet mine
placed directly on a firing port?
- If a helicopter has extra rotor blades, does rotor armor cost or weigh any
- Must a helicopter have the same number of main and stabilizing rotor blades?
Virginia Beach, VA
- Yes, yes.
- No. The description of maneuver foil armor is bad. This is the way it
should read: "Maneuver foils may be armored; this armor costs $5 and weighs 2
lbs. per point per foil."
Will an ATAD fire at a radar- or wire-guided missile?
Winthroy Harbor, IL
- Does a huge heavy transport helicopter take a D1 hazard from one point of
- Will explosive spikes blow the wheel off, or just the tire?
- Does the Cloud Bomb do 3d damage to every location of an affecter vehicle?
- Just the tire.
- Yup. The 1d burst damage is treated as a normal burst effect, however.
- How many grenade-equivalents is a gyro-slugger?
- What are the burn modifiers and burn durations of twin lasers and X-ray
- 2 for one barrel, 3 for two barrel.
- Twin laser - 1. X-ray lasers of all kinds cannot set vehicular fires.
- May weapons be aimed solely using radar? If so, what penalties apply?
- What kind of Mechanic task is changing a tire? How long does it take?
- If two linked VFRPs are fired, must they fire the same number of rockets
- How many times will a vehicular fire extinguisher work?
- Are the new division classifications in ADQ 5/1 official?
- Yes; -1, but no other visibility penalties apply.
- Trivial task; 15 minutes.
- As long as the power plant works.
- Is a WGM disrupted by a Bollix?
- Can a gas tank be component armored with the engine?
- Can you mount more than one drag chute, so that when one is used and
discarded another is usable without stopping to repack?
- Could a rocket platform, if bought with explosive bolts, be used on a car
with a pop-up turret, provided that the turret is not activated until the
platform is blown?
- Why is a battle vest so expensive?
- Wouldn't buying a folding stock be $490 cheaper than a laser targeting scope
for getting a +1 to hit?
- Why can't Miracle Missiles be used as modified regular rockets?
- Since the MML is pictured as a unit holding ten 1d6 rockets fired one per
turn, why can't you link all ten rockets, making it a one-shot, 10d6 weapon?
- Yes, though it need not be.
- I don't see why not.
- No. Explosive bolts aren't available for anything other than car-top
carriers. Even if they were, the rocket platform requires too much in the way of
traversing mechanisms to simply be "blown off."
- The AADA Price and Quality Committee was wondering the same thing. PedTech
West is currently under investigation for overpricing. (See the disclaimer in
this issue's ad).
- Yes, but the stock only gives a +1 to hit with pistols (including machine
- Uncle Albert is working on it, but the R&D department has a lot of projects
lined up ahead of this one.
- Wrong, wrong, wrong. You're making a common mistake. The art we use for the
ads in many cases is thoroughly inaccurate; the MML art is an example of this.
Use the description, not the picture, to determine what the
weapon can and cannot do.
HTMLized by Tim C. Morrison and Odette Mintrom, email@example.com