HTMLized by Gustav Dahlström.
History of Hawaii
- 1778 - The British ship H.M.S. Bounty accidentally discovers the Hawaiian
- 1787 - 1795 - King Kamehameha I unifies the seperated Hawaiian kingdoms.
- 1839 - Catholics were banished, being accused of reviving idolatry which was
abolished in 1819.
- 1850 - First mormon missionaries settles on the islands.
- 1887 - U.S. establish major naval base, after obtaining exclusive docking and
coaling rights from the Hawaiian government.
- 1893 - A small group of American residents (most of which are sons of
missionaries) stage a short, successfull and nearly bloodless revolution. They
overthrow the existing kingdom and establish Replublic of Hawaii. Five years
later, the United States annexes the island.
- 1941 - Japanese forces initiate a sneak attack on the naval facilities at
Pearl Harbor, causing extensive damage to America's Pacific fleet. the U.S. is
fortunate as its aircraft carriers are out to sea at the time of the attack. a
rumored invasion of the main island never materializes.
- 1959 - Hawaii becomes the 50th state.
- 2000 - Hawaii becomes one of the major tourist centers of the world. Japanese
investors buy 75% of the real estate, skyrocketing the property taxes and rent.
Native Hawaiians and Americans become irate towards outsiders, espcially those
- 2012 - During the short war, Pearl Harbor once again becomes the target of
outside agression. The Islands are targeted by several ICBM and cruise missiles,
but SDI satelites manage to shield the islands perfectly. even though Hawaii is
not touched, it will be the last straw for many island natives. Extremist groups
form by the end of the year.
- 2018 - The Dark Years are hard on the island as starvation and disease take
their toll. Rumors of biological warfare used by the Russians (some claim the
Japanese) are never substantiated.
- 2023 - The Japanese Protectorate stakes an economic claim on the islands and
start to invest billions of dollars in the local economy. Whithin three years,
they will own almost 87% of the real estate and hav a firm grip omn the local
- 2035 - Car Wars is released to the general public.
- 2039 - Experts claim that Hawaii is no longer a state but an economic outpost
of the Japanese Protectorate. Only the richest of the rich live here and the
average person is nothing more than cheap labor (almost like Oklahoma). Various
groups wanting the Japanese to leave are in a never ending guerilla war for
independence. Pearl Harbor is the only American-owned property left on Oahu.
Several of the outer islands are owned by large mainland corporations on
which they conduct research and development.
- - Timothy Jaques and Michael Hurst.
Bikini Babes Burglarize Boats
LOS ANGELES - Three women were arrested yesterday after a 50-mile chase along
the coast. According to police officials the women were part of a large-scale
burglary ring, they rode Jet-Skis and carried automatic weapons. In each of the
alledged robberies they approched yachts on Jet-Skis, brandished their guns and
took all the valuables they could carry.
Police and harbor patrol initially had problems apprending these unusual
criminals as the Jet-Skis were to quick to follow and could travel in shallow
waters. On a tip from an informant the police had a team of four officers on
Jet-Skis surveiling the women yesterday. In respons to a distress call from the
boat Tastes Great sent the four policemen to the rescue. The women led the
police all the way down the coast for about 50 miles before they were finally
"They were good on the skis," reported one of the arresting officers. "They
gave us a run for their money. They split up. One headed out towards the open
waters, she would have gotten away if she hadn't lost control of the Jet-Ski in
the larger waves." - LA Times
Take on the world in your 5-ton monster
DALLAS(AP) - For motorists seeking something special in off-road
adventure, a defense contractor think it may have the answer.
The builder of the Hummer military vehicle may soon make the four-wheel-drive,
five-ton jeep-like available to the public.
LTV Corp.'s AM General Division, which builds the Hummer, or High-Mobility
Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle, has recieved inquiries from individuals who want
the vehicle for hunting, ranching or just plain fun.Craig MacNab, company
spokesman, said the Hummer could coust around $30,000 each.
Observer - Dispatch
October 22, 1989