1. If passengers can fire hand weapons and be totally protected by armor, why would anyone want a sunroof?
2. Are fake weapons really fake weapons, or just fake weapon ports?
3. Is using a portable fire extinguisher a firing action?
4. It seems like two portable fire extinguishers have a better chance of putting out the fire than a regular fire extinguisher, for the same price and less weight. Is this so?
5. Can you link multiple foam grenades, to be sprung in the event of a vehicular fire?
6. Can extra magazines for internal weapons be put into external weapon pods?
7. If you put a dropped weapon on "blackout," and then lose control with the result, "No further automatic fire this turn," dose this mean the dropped weapons do not fire?
1 A. To use pintle mounts. B. To fire straight up, C. To catch some rays.
2. they're ports. At the start of the duel a fake weapon is called as "a large bore weapon forward" (for example), not as "an autocannon forward."
4. No. Multiple portable fire extinguishers cannot be used cumulatively - you still only get one die roll.
5. No. You cannot link ped weapons.
6. Absolutely not.
1. Can hand weapons which do only half damage to vehicle remove 1 point of metal armor if they roll a 6? How about weapons like the light FT, which does 1d-2 damage?
2. How much does it cost to repair one point of metal armor? LR metal?
3. Does it take any time or firing actions to rotate a turret from one firing arc to another?
4. If a volatile weapon is mounted outside the vehicle (e.g., in an EWP or rocket platform), can it still cause the vehicle to explode?
5. Do armored hubs or wheelguards protect the tires of a car that triggers mines?
6. Does the laser battery take damage separately from the PP, or does it add its DP to the PP's?
7. A convertible hardtop is limited to 20 points plastic. Does this mean it can't have metal armor?
8. With composite armor, can a given facing have any number of points of plastic under any number of points of metal, or does there have to be an equal number of points on each facing?
9. Are spoilers and airdams made of plastic? Can they still be mounted on a vehicle with metal armor, paying the regular plastic price? When are they destroyed?
10. Can a gas mask or LIG which has been covered with paint be cleaned later, preventing the wearer's having to buy a new one?
11. If I had a VMG in a 3-space turret, and an extra magazine in the car's body, and I wanted to put CA over it, how much space is taken by the CA, and where is it put?
12. Can you have FP, LR, metal and composite component armor? Dose FP CA confer any of the benefits of flame-retardant insulators?
1. Yes and yes.
2. Same as the cost to repair 5 points of plastic or LR plastic.
3. Automotive turrets take no time to rotate. Large Tank turrets do, but there are rules for that in Car Wars Tanks.
6. It adds its DP to the PP's.
7. A convertible hardtop can have metal armor, provided the weight of all armor does not exceed the weight of the 20 points of plastic. So it can have up to 4 points of metal armor.
8. Any number of points.
9. Yes. Yes. When that side takes 30 points of cumulative damage.
11. You have to buy 3-space component armor, and the 1 space for the CA is taken inside the turret. So your design is legal.
12. Yes. the weight cannot exceed the weight of 10 points of normal plastic. No, but if a vehicle catches fire, the component armor (fireproof or not) will take damage before the component protected does - and volatile weapons will only cause a vehicle to explode if it takes damage from fire.
1. Why are there no jeeps, minivans or AFVs?
2. Can you put an ejection seat on a cycle? Why not a safety seat?
3. Do metal tires still exist?
4. Can you slope EWPs or car-top carriers?
5. Why can't you just bolt a weapon onto your hood, a rocket platform or an EWP?
6. Are AP incendiary rockets legal?
7. What effects does sawing off a shotgun have?
8. Can you fire hand weapons from a cupola?
9. Why is the super rocket so incredibly devastating for its size and weight?
10. How do you create two- and three trailer rigs for tractors?
11. Can you land a helicopter on a flatbed?
12. Can truck and car trailers use nopaint tinted windshields?
N. Whitefield, ME
1. AFVs are in Car Wars Tanks. There's no particular reason for no jeeps or minivans - they're just not official right now.
2. Yes. There is no way to adequately restrain a cyclist.
3. No, they've been replaced by plasticore.
5. There are no provisions for that in the rules - the state of art is so far beyond this point that any duellist who showed up with such a kludged weapon system would be laughed off the road. There will be rules for makeshift like this in Chassis and Crossbow.
7. It just makes the weapon shorter and easier to conceal.
9. Sorry, that's a military secret.
10. Use trailer hitches.
11. Yes (assuming the flatbed is stationary; if it's moving, to be determined by the referee).