ERRATA – Deluxe Car Wars (First Printing) – Updated October 20, 1997
Copyright © by Steve Jackson Games Incorporated.
- Drop-Spike Plate: Large plate has 6 DP. Small plate has 4 DP.
- Grenade damage to vehicles: To clarify – regular grenades do full damage to pedestrians, and half damage to ALL other vehicle components.
- Turrets on subcompacts: The original Car Wars rule still stands.
- Subcompacts can't have turrets.
- Laser Guidance Link: Two or more rockets MAY "share" the same link, but only if they were fired at the same time and from the same vehicle.
- Helicopter Handling Class: Ignore the HCs given in the Sample Vehicle section; use the HCs in the main body of the rules.
- Wheelguard Armor: Wheelguard armor must match the rest of the vehicle's armor as to type - normal, fireproof, laser-reflective, or whatever. The same is true of armored wheel hubs, spoilers, and airdams. External Weapon Pods, on the other hand, do NOT have to match.
- Tear Gas Smokescreen: The stats should have agreed with Uncle Albert's: CPS 20, WPS 5.
- Thundercat Power Plant: The limitation of 10mph to acceleration, as originally given in the Thundercat description in ADQ 3/1, still stands.
- Laser: The weapon list on the inside back cover of DCW gives the laser's loaded cost as $800. No way! It is still $8,000.
- Concussion grenades: RULE CHANGE! The rule, as written, was simply bad. Concussion grenades were too powerful. Change the modifiers for characters' protection, as follows: Characters in a doorway or window, or in a vehicle with breached armor between them and the blast, add 3 to their roll. Characters inside a vehicle with intact armor between them and the blast add 5 to their roll. Characters with a building, wall, or other solid cover between them and the blast cannot be affected.