Origins Award for Best Science Fiction Boardgame of 1981
Origins Nominee for Best Miniatures Rules of 1981
100 pages. PDF.
Stock number 30-1400
Always Available – Click here to buy!
He triggered the rear guns once more. A direct hit! The blue car skidded as the driver lost control – then flipped and caught fire.
That would teach him not to tailgate . . .
Drive the freeways of the future – where the right of way goes to the biggest guns. Players choose their vehicles – complete with weapons, armor, power plants, suspension, and even body style. Then they take them out on the road . . . to come home as "aces," or to crash and burn. If a driver survives, his abilities improve, and he can earn money to buy bigger and better cars. Advanced rules let players design their own customized cars, trucks, and cycles.
Playing time 30 minutes and up, for players 10 and older. Any number can play . . . games with 2 to 8 are best.
Game components include:
- 103 full-color game counters and separate Turning Key.
- 64-page rulebook, plus extra tables and record sheets.
- 2-sided game map, with autoduel arena and raceway.
This is the original version of the game; it's great as a starter set. Check out Deluxe Car Wars for a fancier presentation of the same game.
- Talk about Car Wars on the official forums!
- Get the new physical reprint!
- Just looking for counters? These and more are part of Expansion Set 2.