Origins Nominee for Best Adventure of 1988
Written by Aaron Allston and J. David George
Edited by J. David George and Monica Stephens
Cover art by Darla Tagrin
Illustrated by Guy Burchak
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
68 pages. PDF.
Stock number 30-6101
Always Available – Click here to buy!
64 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $4.95
Stock number 6101
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
Tournament of Treachery
Welcome to Harkwood! Fame and fortune await you in Baron Fenmarc's Prize Tourney, the largest tournament in southern Caithness! But it won't be easy – there are over a hundred knights and adventurers, ready to compete with sword and lance, bow and crossbow.
The bazaar at the Tournament carries its own enticements and opportunities. Merchants have journeyed to Harkwood as well, bringing exotic wares from all corners of the known world. Also here are alchemists and wizards, selling their talents and enchantments to those who can afford them.
But this year, someone else is attending His Excellency's festival – a base villain, plotting to ruin Fenmarc and seize control of Harkwood. Can this evil Mastermind be unmasked in time to stop his diabolical plan and save the baron and the barony?
Harkwood is an adventure/sourcebook for GURPS Fantasy, set in the world of Yrth. Inside, you'll find:
- Tourney Rules – new rules for non-lethal tournament combat and knightly jousting – including the Lance skill!
- Intrigue in Harkwood – an action/intrigue adventure for 3 to 6 players, set during Baron Fenmarc's Summer's Day Tourney.
- Caithness – the sourcebook for a medieval kingdom in the world of Yrth, including its sixteen baronies and lordings, and their rulers . . . with the seeds of a civil war in which the PCs can play a heroic part.
- Harkwood – detailed background material for a campaign set in this Caithness barony, complete with maps of important locations and over 20 non-player characters.
- GURPS Fantasy – The complete toolkit to let you build a campaign of heroic deeds and wondrous magic.
- GURPS Banestorm – Welcome to the land of Yrth, a magical realm of incredibly varied races and monsters – including people snatched from our Earth and other worlds by the cataclysmic Banestorm!
- e23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in digital form, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!