Written by Jason "PK" Levine
Illustrated by Dan Smith and Jacob Walker
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
23 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-0320
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Heroes Have What the Darkness Lacks – Friends
Anyone blessed with awesome abilities can take up armor and armaments to attack awful adversity. But what about the friends and allies with slightly less predestined potential?
GURPS Monster Hunters 4: Sidekicks continues the fast-paced Monster Hunters series with information on the hunters who face fearsome foes from a more down-to-earth perspective. Written by Jason "PK" Levine (author of GURPS Monster Hunters 1: Champions and GURPS Psionic Powers), this supplement includes:
- Ten 200-point templates suitable as Allies or full-fledged heroic PCs – and two 100-point templates so even the sidekicks can have sidekicks!
- Six 200-point lenses for "upgrading" a template to full champion status. With these options, you can replace fallen monster hunters, replicate the heroic journey and growth found in popular fiction, devise interesting and organic champions, and more!
- Rules for quick-and-dirty charm creation. Power up your mana-minded magicians' arsenals with just a few dice rolls.
- Extensive insight on using "sidekicks" as allies, playing them as less-powerful monster hunters, or even upgrading them to full-fledged champions. Learn about the sidekick mindset, discover the joy of mixed-power-level campaigns, and unleash the potential of "flashback" adventures.
Whether you're looking for quip-quoting acquaintances, a group of distinct inhuman champions, guidelines for a lower-powered monster-hunting campaign, or more fleshed-out full-powered fear-fighters, GURPS Monster Hunters 4: Sidekicks will take your Monster Hunters campaign to sensational new heights. Look to the camera and insert your own metatextual comment here!
- Check out the full GURPS Monster Hunters line for more supernatural-slaying supplements!
- For a collection of pulp templates for Monster Hunters – plus an adventure, a recommended-reading bibliography, and more – see Pyramid #3/31: Monster Hunters.
- More inhuman character-creation options – plus information on the fae as a terrifying threat – can be found in Pyramid #3/45: Monsters.
- e23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in digital form, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!