July 10, 2018: The Fantasy Trip . . . Part Of The Evil Plan
Naturally, I can't reveal the WHOLE evil plan. That would be foolish of me, especially since we are still evilly planning. But here's what to expect in the "I Want It All" box when The Fantasy Trip Kickstarter goes live July 23:
• The two original mini-games, Melee and Wizard, each in its own mini-box.
• The three roleplaying books (In The Labyrinth, Advanced Melee, and Advanced Wizard), combined and updated into a single volume of 160 pages, with the index that the original release lacked.
• The classic dungeon-crawl adventure, Tollenkar's Lair, with a full-color labyrinth map.
And here are some of the things to expect as stretch goals:
• Lots of new TFT monsters, magic, rumors, and more, posted on the website in advance so you can start adding them to your campaigns.
• Physical enhancements to Melee and Wizard – more counters, and prettier dice in each box (yes, we know you have dice, but surrrrrveys all show you like dice, so I want to give you some pretty ones).
• A couple of biggies: Death Test and, later, Death Test 2, the solo adventures, added to the package. (See Steve's post about these two adventures at thefantasytrip.game.)
• Megahexes! Two-sided dry-erasable megahexes on 1.5mm stock, so you can set up your labyrinth encounters in style.
• Prettier maps. The TFT maps were definitely old-school in the bad way; this is my fault, but then again, I don't pretend to be a graphic artist. A stretch goal will be to re-execute these, by a GOOD artist, in color, on a separate sheet.
There's more, but that's the beginning of the evil plan. Hope you like it! Follow us on Kickstarter for notification when the project launches.
Share this post!
Get the latest SJ Games news via:
Copyright © 2021 by Steve Jackson Games. All Rights Reserved.