October 6, 2009: More Revolution! Reviews!
As Revolution! gets played out there in gamer-land, more people are being moved to write reviews. BoardGameGeek in particular has a couple of excellent ones. If you're still on the fence about Revolution!, check out some of these pages.
- Sam Healey wrote "Revolution!...A Pleasant Surprise!" Despite not liking the blind bidding mechanic generally, Sam rated the game a 4 out of 5 overall.
- Andrew Asplund gave us "Revolution!, the seemingly comprehensive review" which seemed pretty comprehensive to me!
- Kolby Reddish posted "Red Hot Reviews: Revolution!" He was drawn in by the tagline, and liked it. The discussion that the review spawned includes some excellent discussion of various strategies, as well as the optional rules.
- Clive Lovett's very first review was of Revolution!, titled "Review of First Game Played." Hey Clive, we'd love to see a review of the tenth, or hundredth, time you play!
- Most reviews just list the various points the writer wants to make. John Cosgrove does this (and does it well!), but also injects a fishing theme into "Viva La..."
- Joseph Cochran describes how our previous releases weren't his cup of tea in "I'm not a SJ Games type of guy, but I am a Revolution!...ary now!" -- he's a fan of this one!
Thanks to everyone who wrote a review. Whether you love a game or hate it, a good review is a pleasure to read.
If you spot a new review of Revolution! or any of our games, shoot us an email or give us a shout on Twitter (we're @SJGames).
-- Paul Chapman