Surreal (Corporeal Discord)
By David Streeter
A celestial with the surreal discord betrays his nature much like the "Aura" discord, but through his vessel obviously not belonging to the corporeal world. The character might not cast a shadow, or not have a reflection, for example.
Unlike other discords, the player chooses which one or more ways in which their character does not interact with the corporeal world correctly (these are called "surreal features"). Each feature increases the level of the
discord by one, with a maximum of six as usual. The character suffers a reaction penalty of (corporeal forces + total discord level) if any surreal features are noticed by an NPC.
- The character casts a shadow shaped like their celestial form, or casts no shadow.
- The character's reflection is of their celestial form, or has no reflection.
- Any recording or transmission of the character's voice (including telephone calls etc) is always in celestial speech, no matter which language the character originally spoke (or the character's voice simply records as silence).
- Any videotape or photograph of the character appears as his celestial form (or a vessel-sized bright light/dark patch).
- The area in a 1-meter radius around the character is always 5 degrees celsius hotter or cooler than the ambient temperature.
- Animals always react negatively to the character (dogs will growl and snap, cats will hiss, or may run away, etc). This feature can't be taken by servitors of Jordi.
- Children under twelve years of age see the character's celestial form instead of the character's vessel's form.
At GM option, Shedim and Kyriotates may stun humans with reflections or images of their celestial form. "No Reflection" would be a favorite for Vampires. Even if only one feature is noticed, the total discord level is used to calculate reaction penalty.
Back to the INC Mainpage.
Back to the Discord page.
Send mail to the Curator