Kill the Howitzer
A G.E.V. scenario
by Garth Getgen
- Defender chooses which map to be used, G.E.V. or Shockwave.
- Attacker declares which map-edge (N/E/S/W) his forces will enter on.
- Defender sets up ALL units anywhere on the map.
- Attacker moves first, any or all units enter the map along the map-edge declared in step 2.
- Play continues until one of the following:
- All Attacking units are destroyed, in which case the Defender WINS.
- The Defender's Howitzer is destroyed (not disabled), in which case the Attacker WINS.
- Either side concedes. There is no DRAW.
- There is NO time limit (turn count) in this scenario.
- Attacker gets four (4) GEVs and four (4) Light GEVs.
- Defenders gets one (1) Howitzer (non-mobile), two (2) Light Tanks and nine (9) squads of infantry (standard type).
- Neither side gets ANY reinforcements.
- No unit may leave the map.
Special Rules: None. All towns/bridges are intact.
Optional Rules: Players may agree to declare bridges are down, etc.
Victory Conditions: The objective is the Howitzer – NOTHING else matters.
If the Howitzer is destroyed, the scenario ends with an Attacker's Victory; otherwise the Defender wins – no matter what other losses there are on either side.
This is a suicide mission for the GEVs. The enemy has set up a Howitzer in a strategically important area where it will be able to disrupt supply convoys, and the only forces available to deal with it before the next convoy passes is a GEV Recon-Team.