Written by Dan Howard
Edited by Jason "PK" Levine
Illustrated by David Day, Dan Howard, and Shane L. Johnson
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
49 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-1581
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Gird for Battle in Any Era
For as long as mankind has engaged in violence, we have sought ways to make the sticks, stones, and swords hurt just a little less. GURPS Low-Tech and GURPS Low-Tech: Instant Armor provide the bits and pieces needed to customize your defenses . . . but when you care about historical accuracy, want a proven combination of defensive gear, or are simply short on time, GURPS Loadouts: Low-Tech Armor has you covered.
- Equip your warrior with any of 40 ready-to-use loadouts, each with precalculated statistics (including total cost, weight, and don time) and collected notes on variable DR (partial coverage, damage type, etc.).
- Take advantage of new gear, including rhinoceros-hide armor, pectorals, Roman "scale mail," Japanese face protection, padded jacks, and a wide range of shields and horse barding.
- Add detail to your battles with expanded hit location tables for the face and abdomen, rules for the restrictive effects of rigid leg and neck armor, new options for arming doublets, and more.
- Learn how the cultures discussed actually fought: the attacks they expected to face, the types of warriors on the field of battle, and the intent behind their choice of protection.
Whether you're playing a historical game or one of pure fantasy, GURPS Loadouts: Low-Tech Armor makes equipping your hero a snap – and helps the GM quickly armor hordes of nameless NPC warriors – all in a realistic and believable way. Spend less time poring over equipment lists and more time using that gear to prove your mettle on the battlefield!
- This supplement builds off the rules from GURPS Low-Tech and GURPS Low-Tech Companion 2: Weapons and Warriors.
- For additional pre-calculated protection, visit the armorers of GURPS Low-Tech: Instant Armor.
- The armor from this supplement can benefit many historical campaigns, including eras described in GURPS Crusades, GURPS Hot Spots: Constantinople, 527-1204 A.D., and Hot Spots: Renaissance Florence.
- Get a peek behind the curtain from author Dan Howard and a handful of loadouts from the New World, check out Pyramid #3/77: Combat.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!