Written by Stephen Beeman
Edited by Melinda Spray
Cover art by Guy Burchak
Illustrated by Guy Burchak, Dan Carroll, Michael Surbrook, Gary Washington, and George "Speed" Webber
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
68 pages. PDF.
Stock number 30-6306
Always Available – Click here to buy!
64 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $7.95
Stock number 6306
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
Bayous, Beef, and Black Gold
The Free Oil States is the sixth volume of an ambitious project by your American Autoduel Association. The AADA Road Atlas and Survival Guide will tell you everything you need to know about each republic, including the roads, politics, police, duelling arenas, tourist attractions, and truck stops.
Find out the real story behind:
- The Second Civil War and how Texas used its nuclear arms to win the U.S. "Gulf or Bust" campaign.
- The Brotherhood, the embodiment of a code of highway ethics that gives help and information to all truckers.
- Gary Stevenson, the charismatic TV evangelist and former Louisiana "President for Life" who led his republic out of the Bad Years by means of an iron-fisted theocracy.
- and more . . .
The AADA Road Atlas and Survival Guide is more than just an atlas of the Free Oil States. It also features the following valuable material for fans of GURPS Autoduel and Car Wars:
- A complete rundown of the criminal gangs in the Free Oil States, including "Howlin' Jack" Houma and his Bayou Rats, the Oklahoma People's Front, and the Gulf Pirates.
- Campaign guidelines for GURPS Autoduel GMs, with advice for setting an adventure in any part of the Free Oil States.
- Mini-adventures featuring an attack by river pirates, a revolt against the jefes, and the incident that might spark the border tension between Texas and Louisiana into a full-scale war.
- "Thirty Seconds Over New Orleans," a complete adventure for GURPS Autoduel. The hunt for a missing friend takes you from an Oklahoma oil-town full of religious fanatics, to the Texas highways, to a blimp high over the capital of Louisiana, in a desperate effort to find the mind-control secrets of a renegade reverend . . . before all the Free Oil States fall under his sway.
- The other AADA Road Atlas supplements:
- GURPS Autoduel – A world devastated by war, famine and despair . . . on lawless highways where the right of way goes to the biggest guns.
- GURPS Autoduel: Car Warriors – 36 pre-generated duellists, MONDOs, troopers, bikers, and dregs.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!