Scoring and Advancement for the 2050 WDC
Scoring for each duel
Duel points will be scored as follows:
+10 duel points for a mobility kill,
+10 (additional) duel points for a complete kill.
-10 duel points for being mobility killed,
-10 (additional) duel points for being completely killed.
A duel will end when one of the following two conditions are met.
1) If someone gets 2.5 kills (50 duel points), the duel ends immediately if they have control of their car (i.e. not rolling, skidding, or spinning out). If they do not have control of their car the duel will end if they still have 50 duel points when they regain control.
2) If someone gets to 40 duel points at the end of a phase, the event will be ended if that person still has 40 duel points five turns (25 phases) after they hit the 40 duel point threshold. If the person with 40 duel points is not in complete control of his/her car 25 phases after getting to 40 duel points, the event ends if they still have 40 duel points when
they do get control.
The first duelist to satisfy one of these conditions will be declared the winner of the duel and the current point totals of the other players will determine the other places.
If two duelists satisfy different victory conditions on the same phase, then the duelist who satisfied condition 1 will be declared the winner. If the same victory condition is met on the same phase, then the duel ends when only one vehicle satisfies the victory condition. If no one satisfies the victory conditions by the end of 30 game turns or their is only one vehicle left, the duel will be declared over and places determined by the current scores. If there is a tie for the top score, then the winner will be the duelist whose vehicle was most recently able to move. If the tied vehicles can still move, the duel will continue with just those vehicles tied for the top slot participating until the tie is broken.
A mobility kill will be declared when a player is no longer able to make his or her vehicle accelerate through the use of an electric power plant or gasoline engine.
A complete kill will be declared when a player's vehicle is no longer able to affect the outcome of the game. A mobile vehicle will never be declared a complete kill.
Note: It is possible that some of the arenas will have "checkpoints". If so, the checkpoints will have minimal value (something like 1 duel point) and will be used to break ties.
Advancement to the Final Round
The 7 duelists with highest amount of Advancement Points (APs) will advance to the Final Round and have a chance to unseat the defending dueling champion, Mike Garrity. Advancement points from the preliminary rounds are CUMULATIVE.
Advancement points for each duel will be awarded as follows.
1000 APs for 1st place in a preliminary round
500 APs for 2nd place in a preliminary round
250 APs for 3rd place in a preliminary round
100 APs for 4th place in a preliminary round
50 APs for 5th place in a preliminary round
25 APs for 6th place in a preliminary round
+/- APs equal to the number of Duel Points scored
+ 5 times the # of duelists in the preliminary duel APs (i.e. +35 APs if 7
duelists in the arena)
In addition, Regional Champions will be awarded 600 APs.
Tiebreakers for advancement to the final
1. Most total Duel Points
2. "APs per duel" - # of Advancement points/# preliminary duels participated
3. Highest duel point score in any individual preliminary round
4. Highest APs scored in any individual preliminary round
5. Total kills
6. Duel points for and against the other tied duelists in all the preliminary rounds
7. Most duels survived
8. Coin flip
Tiebreakers for the Final Round (for places other than 1st)
1. Most total Duel Points from the Preliminary rounds
2. Most Advancement Points from the Preliminary rounds
3. Highest score in an individual prelim round
4. Duel points for and against the other tied duelists in the final round
5. Last to still be alive in the final
6. Duel points for and against the tied duelists in the preliminary rounds
7. Coin flip