They're all around us. Secret conspiracies are everywhere, and where can you find the only truth? Certainly not in the game of Illuminati. Fnord.
The object of Illuminati is to take control of the world. The phone company is controlled by creatures from outer space. The Congressional Wives have taken over the Pentagon. And the Boy Sprouts are cashing in their secret Swiss Bank Account to smash the IRS!
Illuminati was an instant hit when it was released in 1982 and won the Origins Award for Best Science Fiction Boardgame. It has been Steve Jackson's signature title ever since.
Two to six players compete to take control of groups ranging from the FBI and CIA to the Dentists, increasing their wealth and power for further takeovers, until one rules supreme. Every player has different victory conditions! No ploy is too devious, no stratagem too low, as you scheme your way to victory.
Games and Accessories
- Read the Principia Discordia!
- Illuminati Blank Cards
- Illuminati Greeting Card
- Illuminati Birthday Card
- Illuminati pins let you show your membership in the classy conspiracy.
- The Fnorder – If you have an iPhone, you can get incomprehensible secret messages from the Illuminati. And it's free!
- Older Conspriacies: Crime Lords, Brain Wash, Mutual Assured Distraction, EIP Shot Glass, Sparkly Pink Pyramid Dice.
- The rules in PDF form.
- Tournament Rules for Illuminati.
- A complete list of cards.
- All of the components you get in the box.
- The Errata and Rulings for Illuminati.
- 50 Awful Things About The Illuminati
- The ten Illuminated groups for Illuminati.
- Discuss Illuminati in the Steve Jackson Games Forums.
- Looking for people to play with? Looking for good retailers? Use the Gamer Finder!
Other Illuminated Links
- Roleplayers should check out GURPS Illuminati, for those brave enough to enter the world where everything in the tabloids is true . . . and GURPS Warehouse 23, for those who want to see the things that the Secret Masters don't want you to have. And GURPS IOU reveals the secrets behind that truly unique institution of higher education, Illuminati University.
- Userfriendly.org's Illuminati Card (and here's a high-res TIFF version suitable for printing on a blank card)
- I've Got My Tinfoil Hat On.
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Real Illuminati
- . . . and even more Illuminated Articles!