- All Components
- Green Die, Yellow Ink
- Purple Die, Green Ink
- The Original Set
- The Second Run
- The Third Series
- Blue Contents
- Sparkly Pink Contents
- Size Comparison
Game Design by Steve Jackson Illustrated by Alex Fernandez
Serving Cthulhu is fun . . . except for all those other cultists out to get you. So get them first!
Cthulhu Dice lets you drive your rivals mad . . . very, very quickly. Players take turns rolling the big, beautiful, custom 12-sided die, embossed with tentacles, Elder Signs, and more. Destroy your opponents' sanity! Better yet, steal it. But watch out for Cthulhu – when he comes up, he takes sanity from everyone! 18 glass Sanity marbles are included. Lose all your marbles and you're mad. The last sane cultist wins . . . unless everyone goes mad together. Then Cthulhu wins!
Cthulhu Dice plays in 5 to 10 minutes, and is fun for 2 to 6 players.
This page shows dice that are either available or coming soon; click here for the out-of-print versions.
Cthulhu Dice with
* Available exclusively through Warehouse 23.
† Includes die only – no rulesheet or Sanity marbles.
- Want bigger – and squishier – dice? You want Giant Cthulhu Dice!
- The Cthulhu Dice Bag is the unspeakably perfect way to carry your Cthulhu Dice.
- Shatter your opponents' sanity (and maybe their coffee table) with Cthulhu Dice Metäl!
- Now Cthulhu's rubbery tentacles can embrace your arm, with these Cthulhu Bandz!
- Show your allegiance to Cthulhu with the Cthulhu Pins – collect 'em all!
- Drive your drinks insane with the Cthulhu Shot Glass!
- Today's fashionable cultist prefers T-shirts.
- Cover up that missing sanity with a couple of Cthulhu Patches!
- Cthulhu Fhtagn! Nothing fits better into your tentacle than a Cthulhu Sherpa!
- Celebrate Cthulhu's rising with a soft, fuzzy Plush Tentacle of your own!
- Download the rules in PDF form in English, Chinese, Dutch, German, or Japanese. French and Spanish PDFs are courtesy of our partners at Edge Entertainment. An Italian translation is in progress.
- Learn how to play the game with our Flash demo.
- Has losing your sanity left you confused about how to handle some of the symbols? Here's the FAQ.
- Read the Designer's Notes!
- Z on GeekDad has created variant rules that make the game a bit simpler and more kid-friendly.
What People Are Saying
- A quick review of a quick game!
- From this review: "Laughter and groans are to be expected." That's what we were shooting for!
- A review from The Armchair Critic.
- Here's a review from Robot Panic.
- Aaron of Geek in the City reviews both Cthulhu Dice and Zombie Dice at the same time.
- Eddie the Intrepid Traveler has a review with plenty of useful information.