Written by Volker Bach and Peter V. Dell'Orto
Edited by Nikola Vrtis
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
52 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-1642
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Some fight for glory. Some fight for gold. Some fight merely to live another day. These are gladiators, and their valor and martial prowess are renowned even today, nearly 16 centuries after their games were outlawed.
GURPS Martial Arts: Gladiators gives you everything you need to bring the excitement and action of Rome's most celebrated events to the gaming table:
- Background information: a history of the games, biographies of famous gladiators, and a description of a day at the arena.
- Rules for tournament campaigns: the crowd's reaction, the referee's decision, victory-based character advancement, and gladiator ranks and prices.
- Five detailed templates for PCs or NPCs, plus briefer stats for several NPC-only supporting roles.
- Eleven gladiatorial martial arts, along with variants.
- Notes on choosing and tweaking advantages, perks, disadvantages, skills, and techniques for gladiators.
- Weapons used by gladiators – including exotica rarely seen outside the arena.
- Armor for gladiators, designed to make for a good fight first and to protect the wearer second.
- Equipment loadouts for 14 gladiator types.
- Campaign options and adventure ideas.
All this should keep your gladiators busy for years! Or you can take the games outside the traditional Roman arena, using the included options to import gladiators into other genres and settings. Whatever you're looking for, GURPS Martial Arts: Gladiators is sure to deliver. With this book, you'll proudly pick up your six-siders and say, "We who are about to die salute you!"
- GURPS Martial Arts – Customizing the GURPS combat system has never been easier.
- GURPS Fantasy – Introduce gladiators as a variation on traditional fighter roles!
- GURPS Infinite Worlds – Check out other worlds where gladiators are found!
- Pyramid #3/47: The Rogue's Life – Learn about law enforcement in the Roman Empire in the article "The Emperor's Finest."
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!
- The complete bibliography is online, with links to every referenced book, movie, etc., that's available through Amazon. (Yes, if you buy from one of these links, Amazon pays a percentage to SJ Games!)
- For more bibliographies of GURPS books, check out our GURPS Bibliographies page.