Written by Lee Gold and Hunter Johnson
Edited by Michael Hurst and Scott D. Haring
Cover art by Guy Burchak
Illustrated by Guy Burchak and Theo Black
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
131 pages. PDF.
Stock number 30-6006
Always Available – Click here to buy!
128 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $9.95
Stock number 6006
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
Beauty, Terror and Adventure
Experience the rigid etiquette of the Emperor's court, the delicate beauty of the tea ceremony and the savage pleasure of viewing the severed heads of your enemies. In this book, you'll find:
- Character templates for samurai, ninja, warrior priests, geisha, elemental sorcerers and more. Each template also features a sample character ready for adventure!
- Racial packages for fox spirits, artifact spirits, long-necks and the vampiric gaki.
- Rules for Japanese magic, with new spells, new elemental colleges and notes on Asian alchemy.
- New martial arts styles from weapon arts like Miyamoto Musashi's Nito Ryu (School of Two Swords) to bajutsu (horsemanship) and suieijutsu (fighting in water) to the truly esoteric kiaijutsu (spirit harmony techniques).
Detailed background information on two historic eras, the Warring States Period (1467-1600) and the Late Tokugawa Era (1680-1868); the important people, places and events are all here!
You can stand on either side as the explorers from the West meet the ancient Empire of the Rising Sun. Magic and swordplay, power and poetry, beauty and terror – all await you in GURPS Japan Second Edition!
- GURPS China – From the Great Wall to Tiananmen Square, from the Imperial Wars to the Boxer Rebellion, from Marco Polo to Mao, no fictional roleplaying setting can equal the scope and grandeur of China!
- e23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in digital form, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!
- The complete bibliography is online, with links to every referenced book, movie, etc., that's available through Amazon. (Yes, if you buy from one of these links, Amazon pays a percentage to SJ Games!)
- For more bibliographies of GURPS books, check out our GURPS Bibliographies page.