Written by Robin D. Laws
Edited by Steve Jackson
Cover art by Rob Prior
Illustrated by John Hartwell
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
134 pages. PDF.
Stock number 30-6063
Always Available – Click here to buy!
128 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $19.95
Stock number 6063
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
A World of Chaos
In the center of the world is a land hammered by the weather, tortured by insane gods, plagued by grotesque monsters and haunted by magic. Only the bravest survive in the Mad Lands.
Yet they do survive . . . hearty hunters, fishermen and warriors with the courage to face a world in constant turmoil. Clever and self-reliant, they refuse to yield to the land's ever-present threats – chaotic gods, brutal monsters and immortal sorcerers.
This book has everything that the GURPS GM needs to run a campaign in the dark-fantasy world of the Mad Lands, including . . .
- A full-color, fold-out map of the Mad Lands and surrounding areas.
- Descriptions of neighboring lands, including the bizarre Savarginia, the hostile Togeth and the mysterious Whiteness.
- A campaign where party members have known each other from birth. Roleplaying and personality development are important. Improve your status through brave deeds, but don't think of back-stabbing . . . your comrades are all that stand between you and the pits of hell.
- Gods! The chaotic deities who warp the very land and change all they touch. No one worships these mad powers. No one sane, that is . . .
- Monsters! The vicious Skinless, the berzerk Headless, the sinister Heightless and many more – once human, they now prey on humanity.
- The Soulless – a race of immortal sorcerers so bored with their endless lives that they will pursue any eccentric activity. And humans make such amusing playthings . . .
- Rules for incorporating the fickle force of magic into the campaign. In the Mad Lands, magic is unpredictable . . . a thing to be feared.
Here is a land of danger and death, monsters and magic. Adventures here aren't loot-and-pillage – they're battles for mankind's very survival in a world of chaos. Pit your raw courage against foes beyond imagination. Visit the Mad Lands if you dare . . .
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!