Written by Roger Burton West
Edited by Nikola Vrtis
Illustrated by John Hartwell, Ray Lunceford, and Dan Smith
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
31 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-1710
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Atomic Power, Epic Danger!
Radiation can be scary. You can't see it, smell it, or fight it by any conventional means, but it can be deadly just the same. GURPS Disasters: Meltdown and Fallout helps you bring this invisible threat to your gaming table, and gives adventurers the tools they need to deal with it. Inside this volume, you'll discover:
- The most common types of modern nuclear reactors, plus a few theoretical ones. Learn about reactors' core functionality, fuel sources, durability, security measures, and more.
- A primer on radiation, including sources and ways to measure it, game effects, updated Protection Factors for various materials, equipment for dealing with radioactive issues (with revised GURPS game mechanics), and a few crazy ways people have used radiation.
- What happens during, immediately after, and long after a meltdown, both in terms of scene-setting descriptions and nitty-gritty game mechanics.
- Perks, quirks, disadvantages, and skills that normal humans might have, plus radiation-related advantages for exotic beings. Use the provided suggestions to atomically alter people for cinematic action.
- Ways to use nuclear power in modern, historical, magical, and futuristic campaigns, plus suggested power-plant complications, adventure seeds, and campaign ideas.
- A bibliography of books, films, and GURPS supplements to inspire you, from factual accounts to wild speculations.
Whether you're looking for realistic dangers for near-modern adventurers, cinematic set pieces for modern-day GURPS Action heroes, or apocalyptic possibilities to kickstart a GURPS After the End campaign, Disasters: Meltdown and Fallout is an inexhaustible radioactive sourcebook!
- If you're looking for more things to go wrong, check out GURPS Disasters: Hurricane.
- There's nothing like a nuclear power plant to bring high-octane excitement to a GURPS Action campaign!
- Use GURPS Supers to build a world where atomic accidents bestow strange powers.
- Add cinematic mutations to your game with GURPS After the End 1: Wastelanders – then augment those options with Pyramid #3/90: After the End!
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!
- The complete bibliography is online, with links to every referenced book, movie, etc., that's available through Amazon. (Yes, if you buy from one of these links, Amazon pays a percentage to SJ Games!)
- For more bibliographies of GURPS books, check out our GURPS Bibliographies page.