Written by Sean Punch
Illustrated by John Hartwell, Ed Northcott, and Jason Walton
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
39 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-0146
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Heroes Gone Wild!
A great thing about GURPS is that its skill list covers not only classic adventuring tasks like combat, covert ops, and unsafe driving, but also social interactions, sciences, parrot-training, basket-weaving . . . And now, thanks to this new supplement, GURPS comes with options that can enhance certain action-oriented playing styles: wildcard skills that modify character sheets by replacing many standard skills.
GURPS Power-Ups 7: Wildcard Skills greatly amplifies on the few words in the GURPS Basic Set, giving you all of the "official" wildcard skills published up to November 2013 (more than 65 of them), plus:
- Answers to questions about how wildcard skills interact with such fundamental concepts as bonuses, controlling attributes, defaults, and techniques.
- Advice on defining new wildcard skills in terms of high concept, skill count, and skill breadth, with extra detail on those that simplify character templates, martial-arts styles, and supernatural abilities.
- Optional rules for wildcard skills to relax penalties, combine multiple wildcards, grant bonuses that reach beyond skill rolls, enhance critical successes, and even bend the story itself!
- Discussion of how to use wildcard skills in your campaign, ranging from "no wildcards" all the way up to "wildcards only."
- Wild speculation, such as wildcard techniques and wildcard advantages.
If you enjoy cinematic, streamlined gaming without massive skill lists, then get GURPS Power-Ups 7: Wildcard Skills and see a whole new side of GURPS: the wild side!
- Check out the entire Power-Ups series!
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!