Written by William H. Stoddard
Edited by Sean Punch
Illustrated by Paul Daly, John Hartwell, Christopher Shy, Bob Stevlic, and Nikola Vrtis
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
42 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-0152
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Weird And Wonderful
Fiction and folklore are full of strange powers. Most of these are so familiar to us from comics, movies, games, and novels that they're "strange" only in the sense that we don't deal with them in our daily lives. Although this lack of evidence leads to disagreements over the details, every gamer has a clear personal picture of magic, psionics, super-powers, and similar phenomena.
But then there's the really strange stuff – the powers that push the limits of imagination itself.
GURPS Powers: The Weird is your guide to the mad science, uncanny realms, and bizarre superhuman abilities found in corners of fantasy, horror, and science fiction that attract labels like "bizarro," "psychedelic," and "surreal." It goes beyond safe stereotypes to explore powers that warp the human form, sanity, and reality itself. Take a look, if you dare, and unearth:
- Weird Science. Eleven structured styles of mad and fringe science – ranging from early psychical research and Frankensteinian experimentation to sci-fi nanotech and para-energetics – let you invent unlikely technologies, explore impossible realms, and tinker with the nature of life itself. What could go wrong?
- Weird Realms and Phenomena. Learn of novel ways to use familiar story elements such as outer space and time travel to put a bizarre twist on your campaign . . . and discover completely new strangeness like singularities and metaphysical realms.
- Weird Powers. The powers of Dimensional Control, Logos, Metamateriality, Mutation, Noumena, Para-Energy, Parasitism, and Void take GURPS Powers to the outer limits, with 65 fully worked sample abilities that push the boundaries of body, mind, and natural laws.
All of this comes with ample notes on the new and variant traits needed to think and act outside the box, plus plenty of advice to GMs who don't want to tether their campaigns to mere reality. Only one question is left unanswered: Can you handle the truth?
- For the nuts-and-bolts of weird abilities, you need GURPS Powers.
- Make the most of The Weird with the edges found in the pages of GURPS Power-Ups 2: Perks.
- The Weird is great to explore the strange corners of a meta-human universe you've built with GURPS Supers.
- For a version of mad science that functions like magic, check out "Sufficiently Deranged" from Pyramid #3/122: All Good Things.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!