October 26, 2017: Dungeon Fantasy Tips: Opening The Chest
You just got your copy of the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game . . . now what? Your first game of anything can be a bit daunting – and wow, there's lots of stuff in this box. Where to start?
1. Don't panic! Take everything out of the box. Admire it. Read the books. When things get too intense, take a break and punch out the figures or skip to one of the steps below for a while.
2. Get a feel for the rules by playing the solo adventure in Pyramid #3/104. This issue also includes the "Heroic Background Generator" for inspiration while creating characters, and Pyramid editor Steven Marsh's thoughts on how to prepare yourself for the game.
3. Delve into Pyramid #3/106, which provides ready-to-go equipment kits to reduce the shopping workload, a follow-up to that solo adventure I just mentioned, and designer's notes offering insight into why the game is the way it is.
4. If finding players is a problem, try our Gamer Finder (until we add a "Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game" box, just check the "GURPS" box).
5. For advice from fellow gamers on setup, rules, cool character builds, and how to find players, look no further than the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game forum. I hang out there, too . . . so you might be able to get help directly from the author!
We have your back – at least until the thief sticks a knife in it.
-- Sean Punch
Share this post!
Get the latest SJ Games news via:
Copyright © 2019 by Steve Jackson Games. All Rights Reserved.