Written by Sean Punch
Illustrated by Dan Smith and Ruth Thompson
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
24 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-0148
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Power Of Life And Death
Tales of magic almost always include "death spells" among the abilities of sorcerers. These curses don't merely wound, control, immobilize, or incapacitate their victims – they kill in one shot. GURPS Magic: Death Spells offers 48 genuine death spells spanning every college of magic. Each has its own strengths, weaknesses, peculiarities, and colorful effects, giving villainous NPCs and high-powered PCs alike their choice of wizardly firepower.
And because magic that plays for keeps isn't something to take lightly, the spells come with plenty of supporting material:
- Introducing death spells into an existing campaign without upsetting game balance . . . or players.
- Defenses against death magic, to protect beloved PCs and important NPCs from a premature demise.
- Practicalities surrounding the aftermath: Is there a corpse? Does the death look natural? Can the victim be resurrected? Do a victim's possessions survive?
- Advice on creating your own death spells, including class, college, difficulty, prerequisites, casting time, energy cost, and drawbacks – and how the magic kills!
- Thoughts on related topics: death-aspected mana, death as a magical college, death spells for clerics, and even magical suicide.
Let's face it, when the good guys need scaring and the bad guys need slaying, a fireball is clumsy, predictable, and just not deadly enough. Break out the forbidden lore of GURPS Magic: Death Spells and let the chills and kills commence!
- GURPS Magic contains the core system needed to use Death Spells.
- For another collection of specialized magic, check out the flora-based arcanum of GURPS Magic: Plant Spells.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!