Written by William H. Stoddard
Edited by Nikola Vrtis
Illustrated by Paul Daly, Lokarian, and Ray Snyder
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
21 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-0138
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Since the dawn of history, people have come to cities – to visit, to pass through, to stay. And bustling streets provide opportunities for adventure.
GURPS City Stats offers cohesive rules to define a city's impact on adventurers. A new stat block provides a compact way to write up a city, just like a character, vehicle, or planet. Guidelines for using urban regions in your campaign suggest how to turn them into exciting encounters or challenging places to live.
City Stats also includes stats, descriptions, notable residents, and campaign options for four sample locations suited to different types of campaigns: Athens (historical), Tredroy (fantasy/GURPS Banestorm), San Francisco (modern), and Pavonis Portal (science fiction).
- For stats on one of history's greatest cities in three different eras, book your passport to GURPS Hot Spots: Constantinople, 527-1204 A.D..
- Cities need rulers! See GURPS Low-Tech Companion 1: Philosophers and Kings for information on how the pre-modern world built their societies.
- You now know the cities – now work on the people! GURPS Social Engineering has expanded rules and systems for all kinds of interpersonal interactions.
- GURPS Thaumatology: Urban Magics presents detailed GURPS information and rules on how the arcane arts can influence city life!
- For more information on Tredroy, the sample city whose stats are presented in this book, check out GURPS Banestorm and GURPS Fantasy: Tredroy.
- GURPS Space contains detailed information on how to make whole worlds and societies that futuristic cities occupy.
- e23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in digital form, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!