Written by Phil Masters and Jonathan Woodward
Edited by Janie Murphy and Steve Jackson
Cover art by Bob Stevlic
Illustrated by Bob Stevlic and Chris Quilliams
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
260 pages. PDF.
Stock number 31-2002
Always Available – Click here to buy!
240 pages. Hardcover.
Suggested Retail Price $34.95
Stock number 01-2002
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
Welcome to the land of Yrth, a magical realm of incredibly varied races and monsters – including people snatched from our Earth and other worlds by the cataclysmic Banestorm!
Whole villages were transported – from such diverse locales as medieval England, France, Germany, and the Far East. Now humans struggle with dwarves, elves, and each other. The Crusades aren't ancient history here – they're current events!
Characters can journey from the windswept plains of the Nomad Lands – where fierce Nordic warriors seek a valiant death to earn a seat in Valhalla – to Megalos, the ancient empire where magic and political intrigue go hand in hand. Or trek south to the Muslim lands of al-Wazif and al-Haz to explore the forbidden city of Geb'al-Din.
This book updates the original Yrth of GURPS Third Edition Fantasy and Fantasy Adventures. It provides GMs with a complete world background – history, religion, culture, politics, races, and a detailed, full-color map – everything needed to start a GURPS campaign. Phil Masters (Discworld and Hellboy RPGs) and Jonathan Woodward (Hellboy and GURPS Ogre) have added new peoples, places, and plots, as well as lots more on magic and mysticism, all of which conforms to the just-released GURPS Fantasy and GURPS Magic.
So prepare to make your own mark on Yrth. Plunder elven ruins while evading the desert natives. Play a peasant-born hero . . . an orcish pirate . . . a Muslim double agent commanded to infiltrate the Hospitallers.
Yrth awaits the legend of you!
- GURPS Banestorm: Abydos – What lurks in the forbidden city of Abydos is so great a heresy, the Church suppresses all mention of its very existence.
- GURPS Martial Arts: Yrth Fighting Styles – The might of GURPS Martial Arts, brought to Yrth!
- For information and inspiration on the real-world Crusades – which continue to influence events on Yrth – check out GURPS Crusades.
- GURPS Fantasy – The complete toolkit to let you build a campaign of heroic deeds and wondrous magic.
- GURPS Magic – All the spells from the Third Edition GURPS Magic and GURPS Grimoire, plus dozens of all-new spells, in the ultimate tome of magic!
- For GURPS stats on the Yrth city of Tredroy (plus information on how to use that information), check out GURPS City Stats.
- GURPS Locations: St. George's Cathedral – a structure that's majestic even when nonmagical, and a perfect project for the faithful of Yrth.
- GURPS Fantasy: Tredroy (for GURPS Third Edition) contains even more details on the City of Three Laws.
- GURPS Fantasy: Harkwood (for GURPS Third Edition) explores the barony of Harkwood, part of the kingdom of Caithness.
- Pyramid #3/93: Cops and Lawyers – Features a look at the legal system of the classical Islamic world . . . perfect for adding flavor to parts of Yrth!
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!