Written by Eugene Moyers, with Graeme Davis
Edited by Graeme Davis, Alain H. Dawson, and Jason "PK" Levine
Illustrated by Paul Daly
Cartography by Ed Bourelle
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
45 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-0608
Always Available – Click here to buy!
The Crusades lasted nearly two centuries, and their effects are felt to this day. These wars were a time of conflict, an era of secular and religious crisis, and an age of adventure. GURPS Crusades presents all the information you need to bring this exciting period to the gaming table:
- A description of the world at the time of the Crusades, which lays the groundwork to understand the scope of the conflict.
- A history of the Crusades, with an extensive timeline, maps of the Holy Lands and the routes to the Crusades, and descriptions of all Crusade campaigns.
- A primer on what it was to be a Crusader: the distances covered, the difficulties faced, the tactics used, plus the risks and rewards for all involved.
- A full guide to making characters active during the Crusades, including four GURPS templates and suggested gear for many roles.
- Biographies of many of the biggest names in this conflict, with full GURPS stats for Richard the Lionheart and Saladin!
- A guide to Crusade-based campaigns, including those that are alternate-historical or incorporate magic.
- Advice for using this material with other settings such as In Nomine, GURPS Banestorm, or even GURPS Horror.
The call for noble hearts has been made known far and wide. Whether adventuring for gold, glory, or God, GURPS Crusades is the guide you need. History begins now!
- For information on one of the world's greatest cities central to the Crusades, book passage to GURPS Hot Spots: Constantinople, 527-1204 A.D..
- For ready-made protective garb suitable for this setting – as well as a variety of other historical eras – get properly outfitted with GURPS Loadouts: Low-Tech Armor.
- GURPS Low-Tech contains information on weapons, armor, and technology used during this era.
- For a fantasy setting where the struggle between the Western and Middle Eastern worlds have not yet ended, check out GURPS Banestorm.
- Learn about the Knights Templar of fact, fiction, and conspiracy theory – including GURPS Boardroom and Curia stats – from author Graeme Davis in the pages of Pyramid #3/86: Organizations.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!
- The complete bibliography is online, with links to every referenced book, movie, etc., that's available through Amazon. (Yes, if you buy from one of these links, Amazon pays a percentage to SJ Games!)
- For more bibliographies of GURPS books, check out our GURPS Bibliographies page.