Written by Jason "PK" Levine
Illustrated by Rod Reis
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
39 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-0318
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Don't Stand in the Dark; Do Something Awesome!
What defines a hunter of hidden horrors? Is it the powers? The skills? The lore? Or is a true hero defined by what he does with those gifts?
Monster Hunters 2: The Mission picks up where Monster Hunters 1: Champions left off, presenting the rules and tips would-be hunters depend on to survive. This supplement includes:
- An explanation of the usual situations champions encounter when facing their foes, complete with GURPS rules and guidelines. Learn how to hunt the horrors, investigate the inscrutable, pursue the perverse, and heal the heroes!
- An in-depth look at cinematic creature-killing combat. Keep the bullets flying and the action furious with rules for simplifying gunplay, conquering curses, gathering gadgets, and more.
- A new investigative system based on clues and deductions. Now the players or their characters have a chance to piece the puzzle together!
- An extensive guide to what makes a Monster Hunters campaign work, and how to turn it up to 11. Create memorable monsters, evil organizations, and twisted plots to keep the hunters hopping!
- Six sample campaign sketches to spark the imagination. Are the heroes enterprising exterminators, made men, or something stranger?
The question of who rules the night is still unresolved. But the rules themselves are here, in Monster Hunters 2: The Mission.
- Check out the full GURPS Monster Hunters line for more supernatural-slaying supplements!
- For action-movie rules and resolutions, slide across the marble floor with two guns a-blazing and check out Action 2: Exploits.
- For advice and insight on running a more terrifying campaign, visit GURPS Horror . . . if you dare.
- For more fantasy-themed monsters (which can provide a different flavor of long-forgotten threat for Monster Hunters), see GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 1.
- For a collection of pulp templates for Monster Hunters – plus an adventure, a recommended-reading bibliography, and more – see Pyramid #3/31: Monster Hunters.
- More inhuman character-creation options – plus information on the fae as a terrifying threat – can be found in Pyramid #3/45: Monsters.
- e23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in digital form, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!