Written by Jason "PK" Levine
Illustrated by David Day, Igor Kieryluk, Shea Ryan, and Bob Stevlic
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
56 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-1653
Always Available – Click here to buy!
You Can Do Anything!
Magic is a creative force, and those who can harness its full potential can change the universe. This is the core of GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic, a complete, stand-alone, and self-contained magic system for GURPS. Designed to emulate the magic of real-world traditions and popular books, movies, and television shows, this framework permits practitioners to cast improvised spells, elaborate rituals, and everything in between. This supplement empowers you to:
- Master the traits necessary to become a Ritual Path magician, from specialized advantages to the core and Path skills behind every spell . . . or alter them to fit your campaign needs.
- Learn how to craft rituals to produce the effect you want with the skills you have, and what can help or hinder you when gathering the energy to make the ritual work.
- Acquaint yourself with the benefits and pitfalls of various methods for making spell-casting easier, including charms, elixirs, grimoires, places of power, enchanted items, and more.
- Discover ways to modify the basic system, how to combine it with other magic systems, what awful things happen when you mess up a spell, and exactly what you cannot do with Ritual Path magic.
- See how the system works with over 80 sample rituals that cover all the major effects the average caster relies on, such as healing, injury, communication, and protection.
With this system, you can augment the arcanists of the GURPS Monster Hunters series (or other modern-day magical myths), wend new ways for wizened wizards, and provide new possibilities to power for any setting. With GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic, where there's a will, there's a way!
- For even more magical options for all aspects of GURPS, examine the mystic tome that is GURPS Thaumatology.
- The Ritual Path Magic system is the foundation of the GURPS Monster Hunters magic system; power up that line's heroes (or their adversaries) with this supplement!
- Get optional rules for potions, salves, and more, with "Bottled Magic" from Pyramid #3/43: Thaumatology III.
- Enhance snoops and assassins with "Magical Tradecraft," a selection of new rituals and elixirs from Pyramid #3/48: Secret Magic that use the Ritual Path Magic system.
- Add 29 primitive spells (and optional rules) to the Ritual Path Magic system, thanks to "The Old Ways" from Pyramid #3/56: Prehistory.
- Use Ritual Path Magic to make new friends (of the furry or scaly kind), with "A Familiar Path" from Pyramid #3/75: Hero's Jackpot.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!