Written by Curtis M. Scott
Edited by J. David George
Cover art by Michael Whelan
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
96 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $9.95
Stock number 6009
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
Man's Best Friend Is a Bug!
600 years ago, in the early 24th century, mankind met alien intelligence – the insect Thranx. Despite their physical differences, humans and thranx soon found they had much in common. Within a hundred years, they had united as the Humanx Commonwealth. Today, humans and thranx stand shoulder-to-thorax against the ruthless reptilian AAnn, defending the dozens of intelligent races and hundreds of inhabited worlds that make up the Commonwealth.
GURPS Humanx, a world book for GURPS, takes you planet-hopping through Alan Dean Foster's Humanx Commonwealth, where Ethan Fortune and Skua September sailed the Icerigger across the frozen wastes of Tran-Ky-Ky, Flinx and his minidrag Pip activated The Tar-Aiym Krang and solved the mystery of Bloodhype, and the great whales still swim the seas of Cachalot.
Inside GURPS Humanx you'll find:
- The Commonwealth Gazetteer, a spacefarer's guide to humanx space, detailing 28 worlds within the Humanx Commonwealth. The Gazetteer describes the climate, sentient races, interesting creatures, spaceport facilities and adventure possiblities on each of these worlds.
- Complete rules for player characters of nine alien races: Thranx, Ornithopes, Tholians, AAnn, Dolphins, Tran, Saia, Mai and Tsla.
- Basic rules for psionics.
- A complete galactic history and timeline, from half a billion years in the past through the six centuries of the Commonwealth.
- Equipment from the Commonwealth novels, ranging from the Cetacean Translator to the Samstead Duty Suit, plus weapons like the Phonic Stiletto and the Neuronic Pistol.
- Complete GURPS stats for humanx characters, including Flinx and Mother Mastiff, Maxim Malaika, Bran Tse-Mallory and Truzenzuzex, and their AAnn nemesis, the Baron Riidi WW.
- A complete multi-session adventure set in Drallar, on the world of Moth.
- GURPS Humanx: For Love of Mother-Not – A solo adventure in the Humanx Commonwealth.
- GURPS Aliens – Over two dozen new races for your campaign! Use them in any science fiction adventure . . . or fantasy, or horror.
- GURPS Space – The ultimate toolkit for any Third Edition campaign between the stars.
- e23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in digital form, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!