Written by Lisa J. Steele
Edited by Alain H. Dawson and Scott D. Haring
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
124 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-0301
Always Available – Click here to buy!
128 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $19.95
Stock number 01-7999
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
A Dame Walks Into Your Office . . .
A dead body, no witnesses, and a room full of suspects with perfect alibis – can you find the killer and bring him to justice? Learn the secrets of mystery fiction and what will, and will not, work in an RPG mystery. Learn how to be a better investigator. Learn the problems you are likely to encounter in a low-tech, magic, super-tech, or horror mystery.
GURPS Mysteries covers:
- Creating mysteries as stand-alone adventures, as part of an existing campaign, or as a campaign in their own right, with specific discussions of the low-tech, modern-tech, future, magic, and horror settings.
- Setting the crime scene, including detailed forensic information on causes of death, investigation methods, and a forensic timeline.
- Creating interesting villains, including matching disadvantages to motives and means of carrying out a crime.
- A template-based character generation system for iconic investigators, including the genius detective, the hardboiled shamus, police detectives, investigating magicians, even "that darn kid."
- Sample detective and investigative agencies to hire or bedevil characters.
- Expanded rules for questioning and interacting with NPCs.
GURPS Mysteries is designed both for the GM who wants to create and run mystery adventures and for players who want to create and portray more effective investigators in any setting.
- GURPS Cops – Recreate your favorite cop show with details about police forces through history, different sorts of police jobs, what investigations are like in the real world . . . through the courts and sentencing.
- GURPS Social Engineering – Detectives crack cases using their personal skills. With this supplement you'll expand the options and rules for GURPS interpersonal interactions . . . and catch the bad guys!
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!
- The complete bibliography is online, with links to every referenced book, movie, etc., that's available through Amazon. (Yes, if you buy from one of these links, Amazon pays a percentage to SJ Games!)
- For more bibliographies of GURPS books, check out our GURPS Bibliographies page.