Written by Hans-Christian Vortisch
Edited by Jason "PK" Levine
Illustrated by Ed Northcott, Rod Reis, and Loston Wallace
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
88 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $19.95
Stock number 01-6196
Available Now – click here to order!
87 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-0134
Always Available – Click here to buy!
As Real as a Fistful of Steel!
The smell of black powder and cordite. The momentary blinding of a muzzle flash. The deafening roar of a close-quarter shot. Forget the movies; true shooting is exciting enough for a thousand stories – if you live long enough to tell the tale.
GURPS Tactical Shooting does for life-like shooting what GURPS Martial Arts brings to real hand-to-hand combat – gives all the information you need to bring realistic firearm combat to the gaming table:
- Dozens of new rules, options, and possibilities for realistic shooting. Discover the different stances shooters use to give them an edge. Recognize the plusses and pitfalls of high-speed shooting. Train in the drills for tactics that will keep you alive in ambushes or urban environments. Learn who shoots first in a standoff!
- Over 20 new perks for realistic shooters. Now you can be Cool Under Fire, Sure-Footed, or the Fastest Gun in the West!
- Nearly 20 techniques for firearm fans. Hone your Precision Aiming, become proficient in a Dual-Weapon Attack, or learn how to Work by Touch.
- Six styles of gunfighting. Discover what you need to know to be a rifleman, sharpshooter, or shotgunner!
- More than 40 new firearms! Information on new handguns, rifles, shotguns, machine guns, grenade launchers, and more.
- New gear for gun enthusiasts. Expanding and augmenting the equipment from GURPS High-Tech with more than 30 new gun-related items and options, including tripods, slings, sights, and camouflage – all designed to give the shooter a realistic advantage.
- New ammo options. Learn how, where, and why you might want to use hollow-point, buckshot, match-grade, or subsonic ammunition.
- And more! Find out what weapons are issued to some of the world's best militaries. Debunk the myth of "tin star armor." And uncover why "gangsta shooting" is never a good idea!
Whether you're looking to ramp up the realism of your modern-day adventures, build and equip characters who are sharpshooting specialists, or arm the heroes (and villains!) with tactics and tricks to shift the odds, GURPS Tactical Shooting is loaded for bear!
- This supplement builds off the foundation laid by GURPS High-Tech. It's guns, gear, and more from TL5 to TL8.
- For rules and information on cinematic gunplay, slide across a marble floor with two guns a-blazing and check out GURPS Gun Fu.
- GURPS SEALs in Vietnam contains templates, vehicle lists, and equipment for the U.S. Navy's elite warriors during that conflict.
- Check out GURPS Martial Arts: Fairbairn Close Combat Systems for more information about a modern combat style.
- More background and stats for real firearms from the early 20th century are contained in GURPS High-Tech: Pulp Guns 1 and GURPS High-Tech: Pulp Guns 2.
- To expand Tactical Shooting to TL9 and beyond, check out Hans-Christian Vortisch's "Tactical Shooting: Tomorrow" from Pyramid #3/55: Military Sci-Fi.
- Take on the monsters with Hans-Christian Vortisch's "Tactical Shooting: Monster Hunters" from Pyramid #3/73: Monster Hunters II.
- For a second-by-second breakdown of real and cinematic Western shootouts using the Tactical Shooting rules, see Pyramid #3/74: Wild West for "Famous Wild West Gunfights," written by Hans-Christian Vortisch.
- For alternate rules on aiming (perfect for folks using Tactical Shooting), check out Pyramid #3/77: Combat.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!
- The complete bibliography is online, with links to every referenced book, movie, etc., that's available through Amazon. (Yes, if you buy from one of these links, Amazon pays a percentage to SJ Games!)
- For more bibliographies of GURPS books, check out our GURPS Bibliographies page.