Written by Stefan Jones
Edited by Scott D. Haring and Steve Jackson
Cover art by Alan Gutierrez
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
176 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $9.95
Stock number 6035
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
The Five Galaxies are a tough neighborhood . . . and humanity is the new kid on the block.
Of the thousands of races in a galaxy full of aliens, ours is the only one that claims to have evolved on its own, without genetic engineering by a Patron species. With its own new clients – genetically modified dolphins and chimpanzees – upstart humanity faces a jealous universe. The ancient Patron clans can't decide whether to enslave the races of Terra . . . or just wipe them out.
The Galactics have wealth, power, and incredible technology. The people of Earth have guts, originality and a handful of allies . . . and they won't give up.
This is the universe created by David Brin for his award-winning "Uplift" series. GURPS Uplift includes complete descriptions of the important alien races, maps and descriptions of the Terragens planets, and rules for creating – and Uplifting – new species.
GURPS Uplift is intended for use with the GURPS Basic Set, GURPS Compendium I, and GURPS Space. It may be used as a sourcebook for any roleplaying system, or as background for fans of the "Uplift" series.
- Read all the award-winning David Brin stories on which GURPS Uplift is
- Sundiver. Set in the early days of mankind's Uplift of its cousins. There's a mystery in the Sun, and the aliens don't seem to want us to solve it . . .
- Startide Rising. A spaceship crewed by dolphins, with a few humans and one chimp, stumbles on a secret it doesn't understand, and has to outwit an alien armada. This award-winning novel is probably the best place to start the series.
- The Uplift War. The events of Startide Rising trigger an alien attack on a small Earth colony . . . leading to guerrilla war, with real gorillas.
- Brightness Reef. First book of a new "Uplift" trilogy, introducing the world of Jijo, where fugitive members of several races, including humanity, live together in peace. Then the Galaxy finds them . . .
- Infinity's Shore. The consequences of Startide Rising touch Jijo, and so do some of the characters.
- Heaven's Reach. The trilogy concludes with events that literally shake the Galaxies.
- Contacting Aliens: An Illustrated Guide to David Brin's Uplift Universe. Illustrations and detailed descriptions of dozens of different aliens . . . the friends and foes of mankind. A great resource for your games!
- GURPS Bio-Tech – Say goodbye to your old body. Have you upgraded your genetics this year?
- GURPS Blue Planet – Prepare for a compelling journey into humanity's future on a distant planet where life is hard and dying is easy.
- GURPS Space – The ultimate toolkit for any campaign between the stars.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!