Written by William H. Stoddard
Edited by Sean Punch
Illustrated by Zach Howard, Shea Ryan, and Dan Smith
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
35 pages. PDF.
Stock number 37-1691
Always Available – Click here to buy!
Through The Doorway To Adventure
Not all fantasy starts and ends in a world of wonder. Many a classic has natives of our world traveling into dreams, under the hill, through the looking glass . . . to a "portal realm." Gaming out such adventures poses many challenges – ask any GM who's had to deal with rifle-toting dragon-slayers!
GURPS Fantasy: Portal Realms is your guide to this kind of game. It looks at the many kinds of portal fantasy, at suitable worlds, and at ways to get the heroes into the story. It also offers practical advice on appropriate characters and on gracefully handling differences in culture, technology, and of course, magic.
Why not get the best of both worlds?
- Portal Realms builds off the foundation of GURPS Fantasy, an indispensable guide to all things fantastic!
- Spice up your fantasy realm with GURPS Magic, an easy-to-understand system that treats magic as skills.
- With GURPS Thaumatology, you can add strange variant magical options to your new worlds.
- Discover a ready-to-use setting that collides steampunk and magic with a world like our own – GURPS Steampunk Setting: The Broken Clockwork World.
- For a huge, ready-to-use example of a type of "portal realm," check out GURPS Banestorm.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!