Written by David L. Pulver, with Kenneth Peters
Edited by Christopher Aylott, Steve Jackson, Sean Punch, Wil Upchurch, and Nikola Vrtis
GURPS Line Editor: Sean Punch
242 pages. PDF.
Stock number 31-0104
Always Available – Click here to buy!
240 pages. Hardcover.
Suggested Retail Price $34.95
Stock number 01-0104
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
240 pages. Softcover.
Suggested Retail Price $29.95
Stock number 01-6104
Out Of Print – Click here for dealer info
Weapons, Vehicles, and Gadgets
GURPS Ultra-Tech is the sourcebook for science-fiction technology, from the near future to the farthest reaches of the imagination. It's a valuable companion to GURPS Space, GURPS Bio-Tech, and GURPS Infinite Worlds, and an exceptional resource for any character or campaign that needs technology from tomorrow . . . and beyond.
GURPS Ultra-Tech is full of personal equipment for heroes and superheroes from TL9 to TL12, including:
- Weapons – from caseless assault carbines and monomolecular swords to antimatter warheads and disassembler nano.
- Protection – How do you stop a nanomorph assassin with a field-jacketed X-ray laser rifle? Try a dreadnought battlesuit and a personal force screen . . . .
- Medicine – Superscience can heal, rebuild, and improve on nature. Death itself can become a temporary inconvenience. With cybernetics and neural interfaces, ultra-tech medical equipment and mind uploading, "medical miracles" become everyday occurrences.
- Transport – Air cars, hovertanks, tilt rotors, grav belts, supercavitating minisubs, matter-transport booths – lots of ways to get where the action is, for the adventurer on the go!
- As technology advances, the line between man and machine may become increasingly blurred. GURPS Ultra-Tech provides rules for establishing the capabilities and limitations of artificial intelligence, as well as templates for robotic or total cyborg bodies, from handy technical 'bots to shapeshifting nanomorphs.
And still more! Living biosuits, computer implants, holographic projectors, psionic amplifiers, neutrino communicators, nanofactories, hyperspectral goggles, chameleon suits, repair paste, Dyson spheres – there's something for every adventure at every tech level.
GURPS Ultra-Tech was written by David L. Pulver, co-author of the GURPS Basic Set, Fourth Edition, and author or co-author of over 60 other gaming books, and Kenneth L. Peters, the author of Transhuman Space: Spacecraft of the Solar System, and a co-author of Transhuman Space: Under Pressure.
This is the third edition of GURPS Ultra-Tech; it has been revised to the GURPS Fourth Edition rules. The oldest material included here dates back to the first edition of GURPS Space; other material was revised from the GURPS Third Edition versions of GURPS Ultra-Tech, GURPS Ultra-Tech 2, GURPS Cyberpunk, GURPS Psionics, GURPS Robots, and Transhuman Space. The softcover reprint contains the same material as the earlier print run (updated for the latest errata, of course!), with black-and-white interiors and a lower price.
From the edge of tomorrow to the star-flung future, GURPS Ultra-Tech can equip your characters and your campaign!
- GURPS Bio-Tech – Say goodbye to your old body. Have you upgraded your genetics this year?
- GURPS High-Tech – Descriptions and stats for hundreds of kinds of historical weapons and personal armor, vehicles from the stagecoach to modern helicopters, and much more.
- GURPS Space – The ultimate toolkit for any campaign between the stars.
- GURPS Reign of Steel: Will to Live – This supplement includes an assortment of ready-made killer robots for the GURPS Reign of Steel setting, built as GURPS Fourth Edition characters.
- Pyramid #3/12: Tech and Toys – Featuring lots of new items and options in the Ultra-Tech vein.
- Pyramid #3/37: Tech and Toys II – Featuring a laser-weapon design system written by David L. Pulver, an assortment of new firearms and heavy weapons, and more!
- Pyramid #3/46: Weird Science – For impossible and strange equipment, plus optional systems to let you create them.
- Pyramid #3/55: Military Sci-Fi – A look at the equipment and logistics of futuristic fighting forces.
- Warehouse 23 offers worldbooks, supplements, and adventures, in physical and digital formats, for GURPS – as well as many of our other game lines. Surf our site for the files you want . . . and get them instantly with a credit card or PayPal!
- The complete bibliography is online, with links to every referenced book, movie, etc., that's available through Amazon. (Yes, if you buy from one of these links, Amazon pays a percentage to SJ Games!)
- For more bibliographies of GURPS books, check out our GURPS Bibliographies page.